It’s time to upgrade! 🙂
Astro is here!
Let’s take a look to what chefs cooked up for our taste pleasure:
- 3D support: finally adobe put some z in flash!:D on astro release notes Adobe’s claiming that they’re enabling everyone to create complex 3D effects using simple code… mmm… i’m curious about that! i’m a papervisioned guy! 😀
- hardware acceleration: flash player 9.0.115 introduced hardware acceleration… astro is becoming even friendlier with your gpu. Now flash player supports GPU compositing and blitting, both parameters must be enabled by html.
- Adobe Pixel Bender: formerly Hydra (which was a cooler name 🙂 ), this system let us create our own custom filters and apply them runtime..
- New text engine! Multiple columns text, support for chinese (GB18030 )
- Speex! a free codec used to encode speech….Ribbit thanx while pacifica voip project is waiting…
- Dynamic sound generation!…Andr√© Michelle’s “Adobe make some noise” petition really made some noise! 😀
- File reference runtime access! Finally we don’t have to upload our files to manipulate them inside our RIAs! Files are handled as ByteArrays so we can do quite everything 🙂
- Many others…
Another impressive innovation is Astro is available for Ubuntu Linux users too…so even penguins can try new features shown in the demo on labs site.
Finally the coolest news: WE ALREADY CAN COMPILE CONTENT TARGETING ASTRO!
I’m so excited i don’t need mana to stay awake tonight!:D